Today’s pattern… I’m SHOCKED (shocked, people!) to admit that this was probably THE most challenging pattern that I have worked on this year, and then ultimately I failed. FAILED! I don’t know if my spacial thinking was totally off today, or if what I was attempting was simply impossible. But as it turns out, to have a pattern with 6 different colors, and mirrored, it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT (impossible?) to have these repeat without having two colors either side-by-side OR one row off from one another.
To add to it, because I put hair on my dogs, the task of having Illustrator make this into a pattern maxed out my brand new iMac (I TOLD Mike that we should have gotten more RAM!) so that every thing I did (everything, including selecting a dog) had a very long delay/lag. So I may come back to this pattern after I figure out a spacing that works, but in order to figure out the spacing, I’ll need to just try it with long rectangles as placeholders for the dogs. Once I figure it out, I’ll sub in the dogs and call this pattern complete!
(You can see in the bottom left corner where the two pink dogs are face-to-face. That’s my problem area.)